[U-Boot] DM for ci_udc

Adam Ford aford173 at gmail.com
Mon May 20 13:36:36 UTC 2019

On Mon, May 20, 2019 at 7:13 AM Schrempf Frieder
<frieder.schrempf at kontron.de> wrote:

> Hi Sven,
>
> On 06.05.19 12:12, Sven Schwermer wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I’m running into linking issues when enabling CONFIG_DM_USB_GADGET with CONFIG_CI_UDC because dm_usb_gadget_handle_interrupts is not available. That made me look into what’s required to port ci_udc to driver model. I have a few conceptual questions about this:
> >
> > 1. Some other USB gadget drivers (dwc3-generic, ti-musb) seem to create a wrapper driver that binds either the gadget or the host-mode driver to the USB device, depending on the configured mode. Is this the desired approach?
> >
> > 2. I’m working with a i.MX6 (7) device so the host-mode driver is ehci-mx6, but I’ve seen that ci_udc is also used with other host-mode drivers. How would a wrapper work in this case where there are multiple possible host-mode drivers but one gadget driver?
> >
> > 3. Any tips and hints are welcome :)

I started a wrapper a while ago.  I posted an RFC to the mailing list,
but i never heard anything.  As of right now, my wrapper only supports
the host side, but it could easily be adapter to add the gadget.

https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/1076080/

adam