[U-Boot] [RFC 09/11] armv7R: dts: k3: am654: Update for loading SYSFW from MMC

dannenberg at ti.com dannenberg at ti.com
Tue May 21 18:53:54 UTC 2019

Hi TF,

On Tue, May 21, 2019 at 05:40:19AM +0000, Chee, Tien Fong wrote:
> > +	fs_loader0: fs_loader at 0 {
> > +		u-boot,dm-pre-reloc;
> > +		compatible = "u-boot,fs-loader";
>
> Why not using phandlepart = <&mmc 1>, this would help to avoid mmc init
> duplication in a few places such as patch [05/11].

See comment on earlier patch, this path was chosen to allow for
flexibility during runtime. When using FS loader as you intended it to
get used it works very well (we are actually using it for other purposes
on another device).

Hence my argument that the approach I chose with the original [1] SYSFW
loader series of opening up the SPL loader framework in a "lean & mean"
fashion and the FS loader driver as it is today are really things that
are complementary and can co-exist when one starts looking under the hood.

--
Andreas Dannenberg
Texas Instruments Inc

[1] https://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2019-May/thread.html#368461