[U-Boot] efi_loader: efi_runtime_detach()?

AKASHI Takahiro takahiro.akashi at linaro.org
Wed May 22 03:15:40 UTC 2019

Alex,

It seems to me that the current efi_runtime_detach() has
two meanings:
* changes relating to the transition to virtual address mode
* changes relating to exiting boot services

In the current implementation, efi_runtime_detach() is
called from efi_set_virtual_address_map() as those two
purposes are apparently the same.
For instance, however, systab.con_in/out/std_err/boottime are set
to NULL in exit_boot_services() as well.
Logically, efi_get_variable() won't work as U-Boot environment data
can be potentially re-used at any time after exit_boot_services().
The only meaningful change is to invalidate efi_set_virtual_address_map().

So I believe that we should distinguish the two purposes
and make appropriate changes in efi_set_virtual_address_map() and
and exit_boot_services() respectively.

This will be crucial particularly when I will add
runtime variable support using "cache".

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
-Takahiro Akashi