[U-Boot] Cannot boot mx6qsabred with 2019.07-rc2

Fabio Estevam festevam at gmail.com
Thu May 23 13:49:11 UTC 2019

Hi Peng,

On Tue, May 21, 2019 at 10:38 PM Peng Fan <peng.fan at nxp.com> wrote:

> > I will send a v2 removing CONFIG_SPL_DM.
>
> So what is the real direction moving to use SPL driver, non-dm is allowed in future?

We are very limited in space when CONFIG_SPL_DM is used on imx6q-sabresd.

With CONFIG_SPL_DM selected the size increase due to the three dtb's
is about 8kB.

Even with CONFIG_SPL_DM disabled we ony have 1kB of free space, so I
still want to optimize the size further.

Two options that I want also to remove are:

CONFIG_SPL_FS_EXT4=y
CONFIG_SPL_I2C_SUPPORT=y

We are at -rc2 now, and I would really like to have mx6sabresd booting again.

Please check my v2 series and see if it looks good.

Thanks