[U-Boot] EFI_SPECIFICATION_VERSION

Heinrich Schuchardt xypron.glpk at gmx.de
Fri May 24 05:16:15 UTC 2019

On 5/24/19 3:07 AM, AKASHI Takahiro wrote:
> Heinrich,
>
> I notice that some of your recent patches are direct results reflecting
> updates in UEFI specification v2.8. (You said that in commit messages).
>
> Do you want to change EFI_SPECIFICATION_VERSION to 2.8?
> What is your policy for accepting patches?
> (I'm just asking.)

UEFI 2.8 provides some clarification where UEFI 2.7 remains vague. E.g.
for runtime services that are not implemented it specifies the return
code as well as a variable that shall indicate which runtime services
are implemented.

Once we have moved the runtime services to return EFI_UNSUPPORTED where
applicable I want to change the spec number in the system table to 2.8.

Best regards

Heinrich