[U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2019.07-rc3 released

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Tue May 28 05:06:03 UTC 2019

Hi Tom,

On 27.05.19 20:35, Tom Rini wrote:
> It's release day and here is v2019.07-rc3.   I think I have a few
> outstanding regression fixes to pull in still, and then of course
> Kconfig migrations.
>
> So, what are we doing about DM migration deadlines?  Well, first, let me
> say again, that DM is not required for SPL.  This comes up enough that I
> want to say it again here.  Next, if there is active progress on
> converting things, we'll keep from pulling the code out.  This is why
> for example, we haven't yet pulled out a lot of deprecated SPI code.
> Some of it is still in progress on being converted, so I need to update
> the series I posted after the last -rc to remove still less drivers.
>
> In terms of a changelog,
> git log --merges v2019.07-rc2..v2019.07-rc3
> continues to improve in quality.  If you're sending me a PR, please
> include a few lines or words in summary and I'll be sure to put it into
> the merge commit.
>
> As this cycle is coming closer to an end, I feel it's time to ask.  Is
> anyone out there being more frustrated with a 3 month release cycle than
> with a 2 month cycle?  I feel like the answer is that the 3 month cycle
> is working better than 2 and we should keep that going.

I personally favor the 2 months release cycle. My main (mostly practical)
reason being here, that I don't have to queue non-fixes patches that long
and can push them upstream more frequently / sooner.

But I can also live with the 3 month release cycle, so if the majority
prefers this, then lets stick with it.

Thanks,
Stefan