[U-Boot] U-Boot PXA support

Marcel Ziswiler marcel.ziswiler at toradex.com
Thu May 30 11:47:30 UTC 2019

On Thu, 2019-05-30 at 11:29 +0200, Marek Vasut wrote:
> On 5/30/19 11:14 AM, Marcel Ziswiler wrote:
> > Hi Tom

> > > I want to circle back to this.  Thanks again for confirming that
> > > other
> > > toolchains are happy here (and figuring out a path forward for
> > > everyone
> > > is on my TODO list still).  And I agree we need to figure out
> > > something
> > > about the size growth.  But this still leaves one question
> > > open.  There
> > > are, after dropping zipitz2, 2 PXA platforms.
> >
> > Let me name those two:
> >
> > - Colibri PXA270
> >
> > Our customers already had to commit to a last-time-buy and we will
> > phasing out shipments next year. I don't think anybody is doing any
> > new
> > designs with them since quite a while.
>
> I still have one , I am really fond of the devkit design.

Thanks, you could keep using it with e.g. the latest Colibri iMX8QXP
(;-p). Should I send you one? I believe we also sent Stefano a full kit
with a Colibri iMX6DL.

> > - HP iPAQ Pocket PC h2200
> >
> > A consumer device with PXA255 from back in 2002. There has not been
> > any
> > activity on h2200 from its maintainer Lukasz Dalek for almost 5
> > years
> > now. Without anybody actually owning such hardware stepping up it
> > will
> > be quite impossible to maintain.
>
> Let's remove this one.
>
> > > Do you want to take over
> > > the MAINTAINER role from Marek for them?
> >
> > While I would love to do so I really don't think that makes too
> > much
> > sense at all. We probably should just drop PXA support entirely,
> > move
> > on and concentrate our resources on newer stuff like e.g. my patch
> > sets
> > for Apalis iMX8 and Colibri iMX8X which did not get any more
> > attention
> > since more resp. almost a month now.
>
> When did you say the Colibri PXA270 goes away ?

Well, the original PXA270 went end-of-life more than 5 years ago. We
re-designed for the die-shrinked PXA270M which will now end-of-life
next year. Anyway, it is no longer orderable but customers having put
in their last-time-buy quantities will still get them shipped next
year.

https://developer.toradex.com/products/colibri-pxa270#revision-history