[U-Boot] [EXT] Re: Cavium/Marvell Octeon Support

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Nov 4 15:44:18 UTC 2019

Dear Aaron,

In message <2710076.TiSPtmOvtb at flash> you wrote:

> > What exactly do you need this for?  Why don't you just link your
> > code with the rest of U-Boot?
>
> We need it to obtain and modify the phy parameters. This is a custom 25G
> gearbox that needs a lot of hand holding. This may end up being a low priority
> (not the gearbox, but the API). It's only a few hundred lines of code (the
> API).

Again you don't answer my question.  Why do you need a special new
API for such code?  Why do you not just link that code with the rest
of U-Boot?

It has been mentioned before, but just to be sure: this code which
uses your new API is licensed under a GPLv2 conforming lincense?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
If you believe that feeling bad or worrying long enough will change a
past or future event, then you are residing on another planet with  a
different reality system.