[U-Boot] standalone application on odroid xu4

Michael Neises neisesmichael at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 00:12:49 UTC 2019

Hi,

I'm working with the Odroid XU4 board. I want to execute a standalone
application, like the hello_world function that is included with u-boot
source. My steps to compile are:
1. clone the u-boot repo
2. `export ARCH=armv7a`
3. `export CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabi-`
4. `make`
5. Use sd_fusing.sh to write the sd card

After boot, I use `setenv loads_echo 1,` and then I am able to use the
"loads" command to transfer the file "hello_world.srec," but I am notified:

CACHE: Misaligned operation at range [0c100000, 0c10027a]

and when I try to execute the application via `go 0c100000 hello world,` it
hangs and becomes unresponsive. I've tried the other included srec file,
but it also fails in the same way. I've tried defining
CONFIG_SYS_DCACHE_OFF and the same with ICACHE, as per a blog post, but
that was not effective. I've tried abbreviating the file to include only
the app_startup() function and a return, but that also doesn't work.

Do you have any advice to help me with this?

Ultimately, I would like to write an application that runs automatically
before a kernel image is loaded, in order to take advantage of some system
hardware that gets locked when the OS boots. Is this possible?

Best,
Michael Neises