[U-Boot] Multiple ramdisks in FIT image

Gamble, Bradley bradley.gamble at ncipher.com
Fri Nov 8 10:24:27 UTC 2019

Hi,

Apologies in advance if this isn't the right place to ask this question, but I'm not sure where else to ask!

I have a FIT image that currently boots a Linux Kernel (vmlinux.bin.gz), Ramdisk (rootfs.cpio.gz) and Device Tree (platform.dtb). This works fine and my default configuration looks as so:

    configurations {
        default = "conf at 1";
        conf at 1 {
            description = "Boot Linux kernel with FDT blob + ramdisk";
            kernel = "kernel at 0";
            fdt = "fdt at 0";
            ramdisk = "ramdisk at 0";
            hash at 1 {
                algo = "sha1";
            };
        };
    };

I want to extend this as to have a separate filesystem partition (ie jffs, ext2) that is mounted by Linux once the main kernel + ramdisk has booted, and will also be an image contained within the FIT tree. I am familiar with mounting Linux filesystems but my concern is whether it is possible to expose this image to the booted kernel, ie whether two ramdisks contained in the same FIT image can be mounted by Linux at boot time?

Kind regards,

BDG