[U-Boot] [BUG] U-Boot hangs on fatload, commit ee88eacbdd840199a3dec707234579fb15ddd46a

Heinrich Schuchardt xypron.glpk at gmx.de
Fri Nov 8 20:08:11 UTC 2019

On 11/8/19 7:32 PM, Gray Remlin wrote:
> Please excuse the noise. I would like to file a bug report against the
> above commit, a quick search of www.denx.de <http://www.denx.de> did not
> reveal how I should proceed. Please point me in the right direction.
>

> Issue:
> U-Boot hangs (i.e. during boot) whenever the command 'fatload' is used.
>
> Details:
> U-Boot 2019.10 compiled with either dreamplug_defconfig or
> guruplug_defconfig.
>
> After the commit do_load() now additionally calls efi_set_bootdev()
> which was moved out of do_load_wrapper() which is only called by the
> 'load' command.
>
> Reverting the commit fixes this issue for me.

Dear Gray,

thanks for reporting the issue with commit
fs: do_load: pass device path for efi payload
ee88eacbdd840199a3dec707234579fb15ddd46a

Is it only the fatload command that fails on your device or also the
load command?

There is no bug tracker for U-Boot. So sending a mail to the U-Boot
mailing list, the patch author, and the maintainer is the best way to
inform the developers about bugs.

Best regards

Heinrich