[U-Boot] uboot environment in ubi on qspi flash

Alexander Kerner lunohod at gmx.de
Mon Nov 18 16:19:04 UTC 2019

Hello!

I want to store the uboot environment in the ubi partition in the qspi
flash on xilinx zynqmp. There is an error message during the start:

----
Partition ubi not found!

** Cannot find mtd partition "ubi"
----

After running 'sf probe' manually I can save the environment to the ubi
volume.

I wonder how to make the uboot probe the qspi flash before trying to
attach the ubi partition? Here is my configuration:

defconfig:

CONFIG_ENV_IS_IN_UBI=y
CONFIG_MTDIDS_DEFAULT="nor0=spi0.0"
CONFIG_MTDPARTS_DEFAULT="mtdparts=spi0.0:0x80000(uboot-spl),0x200000(uboot),-(ubi)"

include/configs/spb4.h:

#define CONFIG_ENV_UBI_PART "ubi"
#define CONFIG_ENV_UBI_VOLUME   "uboot-env"
#define CONFIG_ENV_SIZE     0x20000

Kind regards
Alexander