[U-Boot] IO Error Propagation on Armada-385

Chris Packham judge.packham at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 07:43:26 UTC 2019

Hi Stefan and Luka,

I was wondering if you could shed some light on this commit

https://gitlab.denx.de/u-boot/u-boot/commit/501c098a1f2cdaa930cb1a7166d3724467890a64

At $dayjob we're running into an issue where certain invalid PCI
accesses when running Linux lead to the CPU hanging. Setting the IO
Err Prop bit back to 1 seems to prevent the hang.

Can you recall why u-boot needs this bit cleared? We'll probably need
to make the kernel restore the setting but I'd expect the kernel
maintainers to point out that we're essentially restoring the hardware
default so we'd need to explain that u-boot clears it because X but
the kernel needs it set.

Thanks,
Chris