[U-Boot] Memory Tests in U-Boot

devendra.devadiga at iwavesystems.com devendra.devadiga at iwavesystems.com
Sat Nov 23 05:23:34 UTC 2019

Hi,

In U-Boot I found some generic memory tests commands like mtest and POST
tests. But I need to do  complete DDR4 memory test with below
algorithms:
* Checkerboard Test
* March C- Test
* Neighborhood Pattern Sensitive Fault

Can I get any reference code for these algorithms in U-Boot ?
Implementation for these algorithms available in any of U-Boot version ?

For Checkerboard algorithm, based on the explanation from below link
(got by web search) I tried to implement
https://www.design-reuse.com/articles/45915/memory-testing-self-repair-mechanism.html
Attached the file: cmd_checkerboard.c
Is the implementation I did is proper ? Can you verify once?

Similarly for March C- test based on explanation from these docs (got by
web search) I tried to implement March C- test
https://eecs.ceas.uc.edu/~jonewb/Memory.pdf
http://www.ee.ncu.edu.tw/~jfli/memtest/lecture/ch03.pdf
Attached the file: cmd_marchc_min.c
Please can you verify once?

For Active Neighborhood Pattern Sensitive Fault test, still I didn't get
the proper algorithms.
Can you refer me the any link or source codes for this test?

Thanks and Regards,
Devendra