[U-Boot] SPDX header might be wrong in 4 files from Android Open Source Project

Alex Deymo deymo at google.com
Wed Nov 27 14:41:38 UTC 2019

Le lun. 25 nov. 2019 à 17:20, Igor Opaniuk <igor.opaniuk at gmail.com> a
écrit :

> + Alex Deymo
> Hi Zdenek
> On Mon, Nov 25, 2019 at 6:05 PM zdenek.bouska at siemens.com
> <zdenek.bouska at siemens.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > SPDX-License-Identifier: BSD-3-Clause might be wrong in the following 4
> files from Android Open Source Project (AOSP):
> >
> > include/android_bootloader_message.h
> > include/sparse_format.h
> > include/dt_table.h
> > include/android_image.h
> they were re-licensed by one of the Google employees specifically for
> U-boot [1].

That's correct, I tried to make this re-licensing step explicit in the
commit message. I sent the patches to add these headers re-licensed to
BSD-3 after checking with our Opensource Releasing Team and they were OK
with it in these particular cases. The original headers were Copyright "The
Android Open Source Project".

If you need help importing other AOSP headers with BSD-3 license instead of
the one we normally use in AOSP (Apache 2) I might be able to help with
that, but I do need to check with the team first.

Best regards,

More information about the U-Boot mailing list