[U-Boot] [U-boot] regression: bootaux doesn't work with DCACHE enabled

Igor Opaniuk igor.opaniuk at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 10:52:20 UTC 2019

Hi all,

U-boot imx-specific bootaux command doesn't work properly
with the old legacy binary format if the DCACHE is enabled (I've
tested only executing from OCRAM) in the mainline U-boot.

Interesting thing is that invocation of `dcache flush` before bootaux
doesn't help, but only full disabling it with `dcache off`.

To reproduce:
> tftpboot ${loadaddr} ${board_name}/hello_world.bin
> cp.b ${loadaddr} 0x7F8000 $filesize
> bootaux 0x7F8000

However this works:
> tftpboot ${loadaddr} ${board_name}/hello_world.bin
> cp.b ${loadaddr} 0x7F8000 $filesize
> dcache off
> bootaux 0x7F8000

Any ideas and suggestions?
Thanks

--
Best regards - Freundliche GrĂ¼sse - Meilleures salutations

Igor Opaniuk

mailto: igor.opaniuk at gmail.com
skype: igor.opanyuk
+380 (93) 836 40 67