[U-Boot] What versions of SD/MMC cards are supported by "mmc write" command?

Andrey Sukhanov a.sukhanov at abaqs.ru
Thu Oct 3 10:00:28 UTC 2019

Hello,

I am working on an update script for my device, and the script is supposed
to download a new image and write it to the memory card. I plan to download
a new image by TFTP, and then use "mmc write" command in uboot to overwrite
the content of my Linux root partition.

The question is what memory cards are supported by "mmc write"?

My card is "SD version 3.0", and "mmc write" hangs and runs forever, even
for 1 block:
---
>setexpr fs ${fileaddr} + 1A00000
>mmc write ${fs} D000 1
MMC write: dev #0, block # 53248, count 1 ...
---
and it never ends. The block # looks correct, it is the first block of the
partition I want to write to.

Anybody knows what kind of cards are supported by "mmc write"? Is there any
documentation I can study?

Thanks,
Andrey