[U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2019.10 released

Michal Simek monstr at monstr.eu
Tue Oct 8 12:20:40 UTC 2019

On 07. 10. 19 23:15, Tom Rini wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> It's release day and while we've once again had some last minute
> regression fixes, I feel things are as stable as they are likely to get
> so I've tagged and released v2019.07 and I would like to thank all of
> our contributor for their efforts.

I expect v2019.10 :-)

> To repeat something I posted about in the previous -rc release, I've
> clarified on the http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot/CustodianGitTrees page
> that the "next" branch is expected to be rebased.  Why?  While I'm not
> sure if I want to apply things directly to the next branch and then give
> them some sort of automated testing, I do want to try and give changes
> some sort of build testing and similar sooner than I have, and that was
> at least a related problem.
>
> In terms of a changelog,
> git log --merges v2019.10-rc4..v2019.10
> or
> git log --merges v2019.07..v2019.10
>
> For this next release, one big concern I have but that I am hopeful we
> will be able to overcome is that we need to remove Python 2.7 support.
> Python 2.7 itself is end of lifed on January 1st, 2020.  There's been a
> number of patches posted that get us a good part of the way there and I
> believe we can get the rest done before the deadline.
>
> The merge window is once again open and I plan to tag -rc1 on October
> 28th, bi-weekly -rcs thereafter and final release on January 6th, 2020.

I am preparing pull request and I see that release has issue with
sheevaplug board.

01: Prepare v2019.10
       arm:  +   sheevaplug
+u-boot.kwb exceeds file size limit:
+  limit:  524288 bytes
+  actual: 524632 bytes
+  excess: 344 bytes
+make[1]: *** [u-boot.kwb] Error 1
+make[1]: *** Deleting file 'u-boot.kwb'
+make: *** [sub-make] Error 2

There are also warnings about conversions to DM.

Is it OK to ignore these boards which should be likely removed?

Thanks,
Michal

--
Michal Simek, Ing. (M.Eng), OpenPGP -> KeyID: FE3D1F91
w: www.monstr.eu p: +42-0-721842854