[U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2019.10 released

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Mon Oct 7 21:15:43 UTC 2019

Hey all,

It's release day and while we've once again had some last minute
regression fixes, I feel things are as stable as they are likely to get
so I've tagged and released v2019.07 and I would like to thank all of
our contributor for their efforts.

To repeat something I posted about in the previous -rc release, I've
clarified on the http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot/CustodianGitTrees page
that the "next" branch is expected to be rebased.  Why?  While I'm not
sure if I want to apply things directly to the next branch and then give
them some sort of automated testing, I do want to try and give changes
some sort of build testing and similar sooner than I have, and that was
at least a related problem.

In terms of a changelog,
git log --merges v2019.10-rc4..v2019.10
or
git log --merges v2019.07..v2019.10

For this next release, one big concern I have but that I am hopeful we
will be able to overcome is that we need to remove Python 2.7 support.
Python 2.7 itself is end of lifed on January 1st, 2020.  There's been a
number of patches posted that get us a good part of the way there and I
believe we can get the rest done before the deadline.

The merge window is once again open and I plan to tag -rc1 on October
28th, bi-weekly -rcs thereafter and final release on January 6th, 2020.

--
Tom