[U-Boot] Issue in u-boot; TFTP error: trying to overwrite reserved memory...

Simon Goldschmidt simon.k.r.goldschmidt at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 06:13:32 UTC 2019

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 4:14 PM Moses Christopher
<moseschristopherb at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello together,
>
> I was trying to build u-boot and spl for the arm target and tried to boot via usb-ethernet.
> I found an issue with one of the commit made in the early 2019,
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/1024795/
>
> When using this CONFIG_LMB the max_size or the lmb_get_free_size(&lmb, load_addr); returns 0, no matter what.
> And it triggers the following error,
> TFTP error: trying to overwrite reserved memory...
> I did a quick fix by adding #undef CONFIG_LMB in the file, net/tftp.c
> So, I would like to know why this doesn’t work as it was working before applying this patch ?

Can you add "#define DEBUG" as the first line in 'lib/lmb.c'? That
should give you debug
output when lmb is used.

The lmb code works by getting the RAM size, adding reserved areas and then only
allowing allocations in non-reserved areay. However, the RAM size is
not fully used
depending on some config options and/or environment variables. There's possibly
something wrong in your configuration around that.

Regards,
Simon