Btrfs and endian convert

Marek Behun marek.behun at nic.cz
Thu Apr 9 15:58:41 CEST 2020

On Thu, 9 Apr 2020 21:31:08 +0800
Qu Wenruo <quwenruo.btrfs at gmx.com> wrote:

> The only extra concern is, is your new code designed to to make the text
> section smaller to fit U-boot better or just to make it easier smaller,
> without all the complexity?
>
> If it's the former case, I need to pay extra attention to ensure the
> progs implementation won't grow too large.

I did not pay extra attention to it, but there were some discussions
concerning this. Someone wanted to add BTRFS support to default
DISTROBOOT config, but there were complaints whether it won't break
some machines with small memory.

I wanted to try using LTO optimizations or something to check how much
it will help, but never found time for it.

Marek