[ADMIN] Change of Mailing List configuration

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Feb 12 16:39:12 CET 2020

Hi all,

the disappearing entries from the Cc: list of posting have not only
caused some people to miss postings they would otherwise have read,
but they are apparently also the reason for a growing number of
DMARC related bounces.

Therefore we decided not to waitany longer and have upgraded mailman
to version 2.1.30rc1 which includes the new "drop_cc" config option,
which is now set to "No".

>From what we see, this seems to help both issues:

- Cc: entries are no longer dropped
- DMARK seems to be working find now with many mail servers that
  used to complain before (which is no surprise, as most of our
  postings have a number of mailing list members on Cc:)

Hope this helps.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The only perfect science is hind-sight.