Problems with rock64 after enabling CONFIG_MISC_INIT_R

Peter Hjalmarsson kanelxake at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 18:16:11 CET 2020

Hi,

After the following commit I have problems with my rock64 SBCs:
commit 893b4d0df4deb802480aeb606d3b0aa2d0ea27d8
Author: Ben Wolsieffer <benwolsieffer at gmail.com>
Date:   Tue Dec 3 00:24:31 2019 -0500

    rockchip: rk3328: rock64: enable CONFIG_MISC_INIT_R

This commit in current form results in identical cpuid and MAC-address
for my rock64 boards, and thus creates problems.
Please revert this as it seems like it this is due to missing code.

What creates this problem?
The rock64 config currently does not configure ROCKCHIP_EFUSE or ROCKCHIP_OTP.
The code tries to use rockchip_cpuid_from_efuse from
./arch/arm/mach-rockchip/misc.c to get cpuid.
When none of the above is configured, this function is a no-op
returning only 0. Setting any of them, and the boot stops with:
---
rockchip_cpuid_from_efuse() rockchip_cpuid_from_efuse: could not find
efuse device
initcall sequence 00000000fefc0d58 failed at call 0000000000202dac (err=-1)
### ERROR ### Please RESET the board ###
---

So my guess is that there is missing code to properly read cpuid from
EFUSE on rk3328, and until that is fixed so we can enable
ROCKCHIP_EFUSE, CONFIG_MISC_INIT_R needs to be disabled in the default
configuration for the rock64 board.

Best Regards,
Peter Hjalmarsson