fitImage align 8-byte for ARM64

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Mon Jan 6 16:25:45 CET 2020

On Mon, Jan 06, 2020 at 04:22:02PM +0100, Matthias Schoepfer wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> thanks for your reply. As far as I can understand this code, only if
> fdt_high is set to 0xffffffffffffffff (which is the very case for
> dragonboard410c) a not aligned mapping of the fdt can happen.
> In this case, the address is images->ft_addr, which I *think* comes from the
> fitImage creation?!
>
> I wonder, whether just removing fdt_high is a valid solution...

Ah.  Yes, generally speaking fdt_high shouldn't be set as it stops us
from relocating things to ensure alignment.  Making use of bootm_size
instead (to ensure that everything is within a certain area of memory)
is better for the general case.  So please, update the default
environment and CC the board maintainer, thanks!

--
Tom