Re: fitImage align 8-byte for ARM64【请注意,邮件由u-boot-bounces at lists.denx.de代发】

Kever Yang kever.yang at rock-chips.com
Tue Jan 7 02:25:53 CET 2020

Hi Tom, Simon,

On 2020/1/6 下午10:20, Tom Rini wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 06, 2020 at 01:47:25PM +0100, Matthias Schoepfer wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I have had trouble booting a fitImage packed kernel for dragonboard410c,
>> which is an ARM64 platform. After days and days of debugging, I found that
>> the fdt is 4-byte aligned. But within the linux kernel,
>> Documentation/arm64/booting.txt says, fdt must be 8 byte aligned.
>>
>> If I change the alignment by means of fdt_high, the Kernel boots, otherwise,
>> it hangs.
>>
>> Is there an option to align the fitImage to 8-byte boundaries, and if not,
>> is it feasible to submit a patch or will this never have a chance to get
>> merged?!
> That's interesting.  It sounds like you need to look at
> boot_relocate_fdt() perhaps?  Thanks!

When I use the FIT image, I met another issue:

- The emmc/sd read is by block which is 512byte;

- The FIT image header is always not 512byte align, and the entry of

   image in FIT is always not aligned to block;

- The image read from block device always need memory coppy which

   make it slow.

I can truncate the image in FIT align to 512 byte, but not able to make the

header which is dtb 512byte align,  any idea to implement this?

Thanks,

- Kever