mmc init fails after soft reset on T1042

Amarnath MB amarnathmb1 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 16:42:38 CET 2020

Hi all,

I working on a T1042RDB based custom board which has a 8GB eMMC (4bit mode)
on board. I was able to successfully boot 2019.07 uboot on my board from
NOR flash.

After booting, mmcinfo command detects the on board eMMC and displays it's
properties. But when I issue mmcinfo command after soft reset through reset
command, it gives me mmc_init timeout error.

After adding DEBUG and CONFIG_MMC_TRACE macros to my board header file, i
came to know that the eMMC fails to respond to CMD 2.

What can be the issue here? Can anyone guide me?

Regards,
Amarnath MB