Chainloading U-Boot from Fastboot on Tegra30

Stephen Warren swarren at wwwdotorg.org
Mon Jul 6 19:04:27 CEST 2020

On 7/3/20 6:32 AM, Peter Geis wrote:
> Good Morning,
>
> I am attempting to expand on the work for chainloading U-Boot on the
> nyan-big in order to chainload U-Boot on the Ouya Tegra30 device from fastboot.
> I have so far been unsuccessful at getting any output from U-Boot
> through this method.

I assume that fastboot executes the loaded code on the main CPU not on
the boot CPU (AVP). U-Boot SPL on Tegra30 expects to start running on
the AVP though; you would have to disable SPL to make this all work, and
perhaps fix U-Boot to work without SPL present. I'm not sure what, if
any, changes would be required to support that.

For background, see:
https://http.download.nvidia.com/tegra-public-appnotes/index.html