rockchip RK3399 emmc booting

Jagan Teki jagan at amarulasolutions.com
Wed Jul 15 10:42:06 CEST 2020

On Wed, Jul 15, 2020 at 1:12 PM Belisko Marek <marek.belisko at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to run mainline on a custom rk3399 board which boots from
> eMMC only. Currently I'm using Rockchip SDK which can build an image
> for the whole system) and then flash it to emmc using (AFAIU using dfu
> in u-boot). Does anyone have experience with mainline running on
> rk3399 and have the same functionality? Or is there another way to
> flash images to eMMC?

1. Does the board has an SD card, then it would boot from SD as well,
if so program the Mainline U-Boot into SD card and power on with
Recovery button press. eventually, it would skip eMMC and start
booting from SD.

2. We have USB Gadget support in Mainline, so you can either use
fastboot, ums. refer doc/board/rockchip/rockchip.rst with eMMC. If the
existing system is able to stop at U-Boot then use ums since ums
available in rockchip SDK If I remember correctly.

3. This procedure similar to Linux as well, you have to configure mass
storage gadget via command line lun or configfs so-that the eMMC would
mount on host.

Jagan.

--
Jagan Teki,