uboot-test-hooks: dfu-util

Stephen Warren swarren at wwwdotorg.org
Wed Jul 15 17:57:11 CEST 2020

On 7/15/20 4:34 AM, Heinrich Schuchardt wrote:
> Hello Stephen,
>
> I have just looked into dfu testing.
>
> Do we still need a custom dfu-util? At least the dfu-util provided by
> Ubuntu bionic/universe in our Docker image provides the -p parameter.

Yes, it looks like the -p option is supported by the dfu-util in Xenial
too (I need to run Xenial due to other dependencies...)

However, this binary has one more patch in it which I need locally at least:
> https://github.com/swarren/dfu-util/commit/23561bd0ca4f5f62488451826d4a03683ad70e8a

Maybe I can move this binary somewhere else, since not everyone needs that.

> dfu-util is licensed under GPL. Could you, please, add the missing
> license information to the uboot-test-hooks repository.

Ah yes, I'll check in the license file in a second. FYI, the commit
descriptions for the binary do mention the source of the binary:
https://github.com/swarren/dfu-util, although yes that's not enough.