QSPI mode on imx6ull evk

Matthias Weißer m.weisser.m at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 15:30:44 CEST 2020

Am Mi., 22. Juli 2020 um 14:39 Uhr schrieb Peng Fan <peng.fan at nxp.com>:

> > Subject: QSPI mode on imx6ull evk
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > I currently try to get the QSPI flash on the imx6ull evk working in quad mode.
> > This attempt fails as when spi_child_post_bind is called there seems to be no
> > spi child in the udevice (spi at 21e0000) which then leads to
> > spi_slave_ofdata_to_platdata not called and the according definitions in the
> > device tree (like spi-rx-bus-width) are not parsed. I am using plain v2020.07
> > without any modifications on the MCIMX6ULL-EVK.
>
> Any device tree changes to make it work?

I have no idea what to change in the DT to make it work. I found some hints to
create an alias in the DT but everything i tried didn't help.

The qspi node in arch/arm/dts/imx6ul-14x14-evk.dtsi contains an entry for the
flash but it doesn't show up as child in spi_child_post_bind. Maybe its just
the wrong compatible string but I am clueless.

Regards

Matthias