rk3399-gru-kevin: issues on bringup

Marty E. Plummer hanetzer at startmail.com
Fri Jul 31 13:19:42 CEST 2020

On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 12:58:30PM -0600, Simon Glass wrote:
> Hi Marty,
>
> On Tue, 21 Jul 2020 at 21:07, Marty E. Plummer <hanetzer at startmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 10:21:52AM -0600, Simon Glass wrote:
> > > Hi Marty,
> > >
> > > Did you check spl_boot_device()?
> > >
> > After sending the initial email I noticed your binman work, which does
> > some of the stuff I think I need. My current setup is as follows:
> >

> > > Also take a look at the CONFIG_TARGET stuff in the code as it might
> > > speciy BOB but not KEVIN.
> > Yeah. I worked that in.
> >
> > Currently, a rom which is built with these changes (assuming u-boot.rom
> > is what I want for SPI booting; strange its only 4mb, aren't these
> > devices 8mb flash?) I get no output at all over the servo, aside from
> > the EC.
>
> I think it is only 4MB.

Nah, kevin is deffo 8mb flash chip. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able
to shove a 7.xmb kernel+initramfs into a coreboot image and flash it.

I have to pad the u-boot.rom with dd to flash it.
> I am not sure that I have a kevin. Did you try using the debug UART?

Yeah, assuming you mean `dut-control cpu_uart_pty` with a servo hooked
up, and using `socat READLINE /dev/pts/something`. I get no output, but
the same chromiumos chroot with vanilla coreboot+depthcharge and
hardware config does do output as expected.

Perhaps I'm missing something simple.