Totally wrecked my ENV

Udo Waechter root at zoide.net
Mon Mar 23 21:02:14 CET 2020

Hi there,

while trying to set the mac-address of a device in u-boot I somehow
wrecked the whole thing.

I think I did 'setenv eth0addr xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx' followed by 'saveenv'
After that, my device tells me "Unknown command 'run' - try 'help'" and
also "Unknown command 'env' - try 'help'"

printenv is also unknown

After several reboots, even 'printenv' is not known. In previous boots,
I could do 'printenv' an truly there were some weird outputs.....

I seemed to me that some wrong quoting in the above 'setenv' command
messed up all the strings.

I'm lost now, how can I achienve a total reset of my ENV?

The board is a riotboard with U-Boot 2019.01, which I build/installed
myself (ages ago)

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
udo.