wandboard does not boot with current mainline

Heiko Schocher hs at denx.de
Fri May 8 05:35:01 CEST 2020

Hello Tom,

Am 07.05.2020 um 16:38 schrieb Tom Rini:
> On Thu, May 07, 2020 at 02:53:49PM +0200, Heiko Schocher wrote:
>> Hello Fabio,
>>
>> Am 07.05.2020 um 14:12 schrieb Heiko Schocher:
>>> Hello Fabio,
>>>
>>> I have my wandboard DL in my automated daily build setup example:
>>>
>>> http://xeidos.ddns.net/ubtestresults/
>>>
>>> and wondered, why my last result is from may 4th ...
>>>
>>> (Ok, there is a bug, that I do not see not booting boards in this page,
>>>    but this is just a proof of concept page ...)
>>
>> Ok, found this error, now I have one broken build in above webpage.
>> Also, the newest commit adds > 300 bytes imge size...
>>
>> http://xeidos.ddns.net/ubtestresults/stats/wandboard_defconfig/6
>
> That's not what I see:
> $ (export SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH=`date +%s`; ./tools/buildman/buildman -o /tmp/wandboard3 --step 0 -SBC -b 125956..69bf66 -devl wandboard && ./tools/buildman/buildman -o /tmp/wandboard3 --step 0 -SsB -b 125956..69bf66 -devl wandboard)
> Building 2 commits for 1 boards (1 thread, 16 jobs per thread)
> 01: scripts/get_default_envs.sh: preserve order of multiple entries for same variable
> 15: Merge branch '2020-05-06-master-imports'
>      2    0    0 /2              wandboard
> Completed: 2 total built, duration 0:00:23
> Summary of 2 commits for 1 boards (1 thread, 16 jobs per thread)
> 01: scripts/get_default_envs.sh: preserve order of multiple entries for same variable
> 15: Merge branch '2020-05-06-master-imports'
>         arm: (for 1/1 boards) bss -16.0 text +16.0
>              wandboard      : bss -16 text +16
>                 u-boot: add: 0/0, grow: 3/0 bytes: 12/0 (12)
>                   function                                   old     new   delta
>                   menu_create                                 84      88      +4
>                   handle_pxe_menu                            284     288      +4
>                   do_dcache                                   92      96      +4
> (no errors to report)
> $
>
> What details are you recording in your setup?

I simply track the size of u-boot.img for the wandboard:

https://github.com/EmbLux-Kft/tbot-tbot2go/blob/wandboard-devel-messe/tc/wandboard/tc_wandboard.py#L95

>> Unfortunately I cannot automate git bisect with tbot:
>>
>> http://tbot.tools/modules/tc.html#tbot.tc.git.GitRepository.bisect
>>
>> as I do not know how to switch for example with an gpio and a relay
>> bootmode on wandboard ... do you know, if this is possible?
>
> In general, or on the wandboard?  For the general side, I have a network
> controllable relay controller that I can use to toggle a GPIO on
> hardware that has a force reset exposed.  I don't have any imx platforms
> exposed however as I wasn't able to rig up some way to boot via USB on
> the platforms I have here.  That was a while ago tho.

Only for the wandboard. I have a collection of usbrelais and simple
relais connected to gpios, my preffered setup currently:

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07RNWLXJM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

attached to a raspberry PI, so I have with the PI a complete "lab host"
which runs tbot incl. wifi to connect to the rest of the world ;-)

But it seems wandboard has only sd card boot, so I need for this
a sd card simulator... what I do not have yet.

Thanks!

bye,
Heiko
Phone: +49-8142-66989-52   Fax: +49-8142-66989-80   Email: hs at denx.de