[ANN] U-Boot v2020.07-rc2 released

Heinrich Schuchardt xypron.glpk at gmx.de
Wed May 13 07:53:34 CEST 2020

On 5/13/20 5:54 AM, Heiko Schocher wrote:
> Hello Tom,
>
> Am 12.05.2020 um 15:28 schrieb Heiko Schocher:
>> Hello Tom,
>>
>> Am 12.05.2020 um 00:28 schrieb Tom Rini:
>>> Hey all,
>>>
>>> It's release day and I've tagged v2020.07-rc2.  At this point out we
>>> should be seeing stabilization, clean-up and localized new features.
>>>
>>> Once again, for a changelog,
>>> git log --merges v2020.07-rc1..v2020.07-rc2
>>> and as always, I ask for more details in the PRs people send me so I can
>>> put them in the merge commit.
>>>
>>> I'm planning to follow the every-other-week RC schedule and release on
>>> July 6th.  I'm also thinking about opening -next again on June 8th as
>>> that will give us a bit more time to focus on stability and regression
>>> fixing.  Thanks all!
>>>

>> FYI:
>>
>> I have now running the following 4 boards in my daily automated tbot
>> testsetup (build and install U-boot on the boards, and run test.py)
>>
>> wandboard DL (imx6)
>> http://xeidos.ddns.net/ubtestresults/result/69
>>
>> socrates (mpc85xx)
>> http://xeidos.ddns.net/ubtestresults/result/70
>>
>> BBB (am335x)
>> http://xeidos.ddns.net/ubtestresults/result/71
>>
>> aristainetos2 (imx6) (with some patches on top, gpio fixes just posted
>> also on this board with secure boot enabled)
>> http://xeidos.ddns.net/ubtestresults/result/72
>>
>> Hope I find time to get this up and running for some of my at91 boards
>
> May I am nerving with this stuff .. but today morning, I see for the
> wandboard with commit 10bca13ea6 the image size increased around ~35K
> compared to commit 2a38d2239
>
> http://xeidos.ddns.net/ubtestresults/stats/wandboard_defconfig/10
>
> bye,
> Heiko

Hello Heiko,

I am not able to reproduce your 35k increase. This is what I got:

10bca13ea6
668860 u-boot-with-spl.imx
599164 u-boot.bin

2a38d2239
668780 u-boot-with-spl.imx
599084 u-boot.bin

80 additional bytes seems to be in line with the few lines added to
drivers/gpio/gpio-uclass.c in 47bd533e9dd0 ("gpio: emulate open drain &
open source in dm_gpio_set_value()").

I am building on Debian Buster with gcc (Debian 9.3.0-11) 9.3.0.

Please, indicate the size of which file is shown in the caption of your
graphs.
Please, check if your distribution updated your build system between the
two builds.

Best regards

Heinrich