Issue with 'ubi part' ubi_io_read: error -74 (ECC error)

Jupiter jupiter.hce at gmail.com
Fri May 22 14:19:33 CEST 2020

Hi Heiko,

Thanks for your response.

On 5/22/20, Heiko Schocher <hs at denx.de> wrote:
>> Are there any ways or tools in Linux to change MTD settings (most
>> likely the ECC or DTB) to the same setting in u-boot? I do have mtd
>> and fw_setenv in Linux.
>
> No for U-Boot (as I am aware of). You need to fix the DTS or may if
> older U-Boot your code.
>
> May you need to add in your U-Boot DTS gpmi node the property:
>
> fsl,legacy-bch-geometry;

I tried but that did not work, it is equivalent to remove
fsl,use-minimum-ecc in gpmi node I used to run ubiformat to flash
UBIFS image to NAND:

# flash_erase /dev/mtd2 0 0
# ubiformat /dev/mtd2 -f /tmp/ubi.img

That caused the NAND boot error to run "ubi part" ubi_io_read: error
-74 (ECC error).

Richard shed light on the problem that u-boot and Linux use different
MTD settings, I figured out it is the ECC problem, while adding
fsl,use-minimum-ecc in gpmi node cannot even start NAND boot. Why
fsl,use-minimum-ecc in gpmi node causing such predicament?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

- jh