[PATCH 0/1] Add support for booting into userspace fastboot
roman.kovalivskyi at globallogic.com
Wed May 27 10:50:06 CEST 2020
Android 10 adds support for dynamic partitions and in order to support
them userspace fastboot must be used. New tool called fastbootd is included
into recovery image.
Userspace fastboot works from recovery and is launched if:
1) - Dynamic partitioning is enabled
2) - Boot control block has 'boot-fastboot' value into command field
The bootloader is expected to load and boot into the recovery image upon
seeing boot-fastboot in the BCB command. Recovery then parses the BCB
message and switches to fastbootd mode.
Please note that boot script is expected to handle 'boot-fastboot' command
in BCB and load into recovery mode.
Bootloader must support 'reboot fastboot' command which should reboot
device into userspace fastboot to accomodate those changes.
Another command that bootloader must support is 'reboot recovery'. This
command should simply reboot device into recovery mode.
 - https://source.android.com/devices/bootloader/fastbootd
 - https://source.android.com/devices/bootloader/fastbootd#unified_fastboot_and_recovery
 - https://source.android.com/devices/bootloader/fastbootd#modifications_to_the_bootloader
Roman Stratiienko (1):
fastboot: add support for 'reboot fastboot' command
drivers/fastboot/fb_command.c | 42 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
drivers/fastboot/fb_common.c | 31 ++++++++++++++++++++++++
drivers/usb/gadget/f_fastboot.c | 2 ++
include/fastboot.h | 9 +++++++
4 files changed, 84 insertions(+)
More information about the U-Boot