early stage debugging on a real product

Andy Shevchenko andy.shevchenko at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 17:09:04 CET 2020

On Wed, Nov 25, 2020 at 5:55 PM Ovidiu Panait
<ovidiu.panait at windriver.com> wrote:
> On 25.11.2020 17:36, Andy Shevchenko wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 25, 2020 at 5:23 PM Simon Glass <sjg at chromium.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Nov 2020 at 08:07, Andy Shevchenko <andy.shevchenko at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 25, 2020 at 4:50 PM Simon Glass <sjg at chromium.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Nov 2020 at 06:26, Andy Shevchenko <andy.shevchenko at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks. But the question is still open why DM PCI et al. is not
> getting initialized.

> Could you try to enable CONFIG_PCI_INIT_R=y ? This should call pci_init() during boot, after relocation.

Thanks. I saw that possibility, but right now...

> You can use something like this to force probing video:
>
> struct udevice *dev;
> int ret = uclass_first_device_err(UCLASS_VIDEO, &dev);
>
> I will try this, thanks!

...I have tried this and it makes the device to reboot (probably due
to panic / missed initialization).

I am going to read video.h to understand what parts must be present to
make vidconsole working.

--
With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko