cannot build uboot for Coral board. Missing spl/u-boot-spl-ddr.bin

Dennis C dchou4u at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 7 17:30:08 CEST 2020

Hi everyone, I am new to this group, and I am reaching out to see if anyone can help me with building the uboot for the Google Coral board.

Here is what I did on my Ubuntu 20.04:

$ git clone https://coral.googlesource.com/uboot-imx
$ make ARCH=arm64 mx8mq_phanbell_defconfig
$ make CROSS_COMPILE=aarch64-linux-gnu- u-boot.imx

I am getting this error: Can’t open spl/u-boot-spl-ddr.bin

I saw another thread that talks about this but I am not sure if the current Master has all the patches needed to mitigate this error.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot