[fs/squashfs PATCH v3 0/2] fs/squashfs: avoid 64-bit divisions on 32-bit

Mauro Condarelli mc5686 at mclink.it
Thu Oct 8 00:30:19 CEST 2020

Corrected to comply with all reviev comments in v2.

Sorry for the delay, but I was fighting a very bad u-boot misbehavior
which seems completely unrelated to this patchset, I was unsure, but
I made real sure my problems exist with ot without this.

My problem is u-boot seems to become unstable if I have 10 or more
partitons on SD. At first I blamed my patches (10th partiton was what
I used for testing), but problem persists even without patches and
removing 10th (using p6 for SquashFS) errors vanished.
I did not find root cause yet, but it doesn't seem related to this.

Changes in v3:
- converted to use DIV_ROUND_(UP|DOWN)_ULL() macros (Miquel Raynal).
- split commits to handle unrelated Kconfig warning (Thomas Petazzoni).

Changes in v2:
- replace division with right shift (Daniel Schwierzeck).
- remove vocore2-specific change (Daniel Schwierzeck).
- add warning to Kconfig about CONFIG_SYS_MALLOC_LEN (Tom Rini).

Mauro Condarelli (2):
  Add warning for dynamic memory usage.
  avoid 64-bit divisions on 32-bit

 fs/squashfs/Kconfig      |  2 ++