am335x uart boot

Matwey V. Kornilov matwey.kornilov at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 10:39:34 CEST 2020

Hello,

I am trying to provide u-boot via uart to am335x bootrom (I use
BeagleBone Black board). Has anyone succeeded on it?

The CPU technical reference says that I have to use X-Modem 1K to load
the firmware. I am trying to reach this with screen and sx command.

In the serial console I see transmission invitation from the hardware
side: 'C'.
When I use sx --1k -X to transmit the binary there are no data accepted.
When I use sx -X (with 128 byte frame) the transmission is running until
hardware sends "Cancel" command in the middle.

I've also tried minicom terminal. It behaves like X-Modem 128 byte
transmission with no success.