Bootable image for imx8qxp

Matthias Weißer m.weisser.m at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 16:54:54 CEST 2020

Hi

I currently try to create a bootable image of u-boot for the imx8qxp eval
board. If I follow the instruction in I see the following output on the
serial debug port:

U-Boot SPL 2020.10 (Oct 15 2020 - 15:54:37 +0200)
Normal Boot
Trying to boot from MMC2_2
Load image from MMC/SD 0x53800

And then nothing. So, it seems that SPL is running but the main u-boot
can't be started. Can anyone out there give me a hint on how to get
the board to the u-boot prompt?

BTW:
I also tried the NXP provided u-boot (seems to be a modified 2020.04)
with the same result. I also tried different combinations of SECO and
SCFW versions. Always with the same result in hanging u-boot after SPL

Regards,
Matthias