SPI Boot - Rock Pi 4

Anthony Davies anthony.t.davies+ml_uboot at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 23:15:55 CET 2020

Hi All,

I have attempted to use mainline u-boot installed into the SPI flash on my
Rock Pi 4B but I can't seem to get it to work.

U-Boot was compiled with SPI options (I think I have all the right ones)
and BL31 was set correctly.

I followed the "Booting from SPI" instructions in README.rockchip modifying
for rk3399 and used USB OTG to install based on the instructions found at
https://wiki.radxa.com/Rockpi4/dev/spi-install

Restarting the board it drops out of mask mode so something is definitely
happening but I get nothing on Serial.

Are there patches required to get this working? I applied the armbian
patches in an attempt to get it working (I am not using armbian, my plan is
to run k3os).

Thanks for your help.