[ANN] U-Boot v2021.01-rc1 released

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Thu Oct 29 16:36:35 CET 2020

On Thu, Oct 29, 2020 at 04:29:09PM +0100, Michal Simek wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> On 29. 10. 20 15:38, Tom Rini wrote:
> > Hey all,
> >
> > Well.  I tagged this release on Wednesday.  I drafted this email,
> > uploaded everything, ran the script to update patchwork...
>
> What does this script do?

Good question!  I took the upstream patchwork post-receive hook example
and tweaked it to instead be a script I call with first/last commits.
What it does is for each commit it calls the internal patchwork tool to
get the hash, and then asks patchwork for the patch ID that matches the
hash.  If found, it then marks that commit as accepted and sets what the
git commit hash for it is.

Note that the biggest issue with this method is that any tweaks done
between posting to patchwork and the actual commit can change the hash,
so we can have stuff accepted but not marked as such, if custodians
don't update this themselves.

--
Tom