Using USB Mass Storage on AM335X

Otavio Salvador otavio.salvador at ossystems.com.br
Thu Oct 29 23:19:47 CET 2020

Hi,

I am working on porting mainline U-Boot to a custom AM335X board that
only has eMMC as the boot medium.

I can load U-Boot via serial boot and flash MLO and u-boot.img into
the eMMC using DFU. Then the board boots successfully via eMMC.

Now I want to run the "ums" command to be able to mount the eMMC on
the host. The problem I am getting is that when I select
CONFIG_CMD_USB_MASS_STORAGE=y the board no longer boots.

Does anyone know why selecting CONFIG_CMD_USB_MASS_STORAGE=y causes
the board to not boot anymore?

Thanks for your help

Mobile: +55 (53) 9 9981-7854          Mobile: +1 (347) 903-9750