Using USB Mass Storage on AM335X

Heiko Schocher hs at denx.de
Fri Oct 30 07:06:08 CET 2020

Hello Otavio,

Am 29.10.2020 um 23:19 schrieb Otavio Salvador:
> Hi,
>
> I am working on porting mainline U-Boot to a custom AM335X board that
> only has eMMC as the boot medium.
>
> I can load U-Boot via serial boot and flash MLO and u-boot.img into
> the eMMC using DFU. Then the board boots successfully via eMMC.
>
> Now I want to run the "ums" command to be able to mount the eMMC on
> the host. The problem I am getting is that when I select
> CONFIG_CMD_USB_MASS_STORAGE=y the board no longer boots.
>
> Does anyone know why selecting CONFIG_CMD_USB_MASS_STORAGE=y causes
> the board to not boot anymore?

Not really ... I cannot see, which impact activating this command
has with not booting ...

May some problem with image size? Early malloc space, some addresses
which now overlap?

You see absolutly no U-Boot output on serial? Do you have enabled
early debug uart (if it is possible for am335x .. I can;t remember)

If so, you need a debugger, as it fails very early ...

So, you see .. no real idea ... I am sorry.

bye,
Heiko
Phone: +49-8142-66989-52   Fax: +49-8142-66989-80   Email: hs at denx.de