make_fit_atf.py and multiple U-Boot ELF segments

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Tue Sep 8 19:29:32 CEST 2020

Hi Tom,

On Tue, 8 Sep 2020 at 07:31, Tom Rini <trini at konsulko.com> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> As part of reviewing
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/list/?series=187450&state=*
> I've run in to an odd problem.  With patch 4/7 of that series, building
> firefly-rk3399 fails on the make_fit_atf.py step as those changes end up
> with a U-Boot ELF that has len(segments) of 2, rather than 1, and the
> generator blows up.  It's not clear to me if we can just check for
> non-zero number of segments here or what.  Thanks!

I don't see that but it is probably a toolchain difference.

I haven't looked at the script in detail, but we should convert it to
binman soon and add some tests. It seems odd to me that the number of
LOAD sections could change because of that patch, if that is actually
what is happening.

Regards,
Simon