Ways to copy FIT image from the flash to RAM

Andrii Voloshyn a.voloshyn at d.mobilunity.com
Fri Sep 11 19:47:58 CEST 2020

Hi there,

     What are the ways of copying whole FIT image form NOR flash to RAM by specifying flash offset without any extra bytes.
I've seen quite a lot of times when kernel image size has a fixed value (as an uboot environment variable), which is greater than the actual kernel size.
Problem with that that we copy from flash whatever is after kernel which is not required, and there is a potential problem when kernel gets bigger at some
point than the fixed size specified in the variable mentioned above.
     As FIT file has all required info about size, is there a command to copy it to RAM from flash?

Thank you

Cheers,
Andy