imxrt1020 EVK u-boot doesn't run.

Giulio Benetti giulio.benetti at benettiengineering.com
Sun Apr 4 20:51:05 CEST 2021

Hi Nicolas,

On 4/4/21 7:56 PM, Giulio Benetti wrote:
>>> Would you have any idea what is going on?
>
> I've just entered debugging and two things came out:
> 1) in board/freescale/imxrt-1020-evk/imxrt1020-evk.c when calling
> spl_dram_init() there is some printf() inside that gets called, but that
> happens before calling preloader_console_init() that set serial up, so
> this is the reason why there is no output at all.

Can you please try to apply this patch [1] to check if uart starts to
work and giving you this message [2]?

[1]:
https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/patch/20210404182135.1243077-1-giulio.benetti@benettiengineering.com/
[2]: ```
U-Boot SPL 2021.04-rc5-00518-ga0da06d2f8-dirty (Apr 04 2021 - 19:49:47
+0200)
Could not initialize timer (err -19)
      ```

Thank you