EFI from usb HDD

Ilias Apalodimas ilias.apalodimas at linaro.org
Wed Aug 4 12:50:32 CEST 2021

Hi Michal
Apologies for my late reply, I was on vacation!

[...]

> >> When Abort happened I connected Xilinx debugger via jtag and look at cpu
> >> backtrace.
> >
> > OK, but we are already in grub here and such a trace (in U-Boot)
> > doesn't make sense. Right?
>
> Correct grub already started. But I expect it is still using U-Boot
> drivers and all exception handlers are still in place from u-boot.

Yes, U-Boot is still alive and GRUB is accessing some of the
functionality via Boottime services.

> Maybe it is just sata/scsi related issue in EFI but weird is that when
> disks are scan just before command everything is working fine.
>
> Should I try to initialize and populate EFI object list all the time?
> (Remove this code for testing)
>         /* Initialize once only */
>         if (efi_obj_list_initialized != OBJ_LIST_NOT_INITIALIZED)
>                 return efi_obj_list_initialized;
>
> Or based on this thread to try your series pointed above?

This smells like a different init sequence when a command is issued first.
I'll try having a closer look. Let me know if you find anything else

Cheers
/Ilias