[bug?] SiFive Unmatched default boot script update?

Alexander von Gluck IV kallisti5 at unixzen.com
Sun Aug 15 16:58:45 CEST 2021

Good morning!

Mainline Haiku is now getting into the kernel on the SiFive Unmatched
board!

Our current boot process involves running the following from u-boot
to boot Haiku from a USB drive:

  pci enum ; usb start ; run bootcmd_usb0

I feel like "pci enum; usb start;" should be default things to do on
the unmatched board if they're not already?  If you don't run the commands
above, u-boot finds our EFI bootloader, but the the USB drives don't show
up in our EFI bootloader.

Given the mmc card on the Unmatched is kind of slow, a model of having
u-boot on the mmc card, and booting from usb drives / nvme feels like
a good one.

Thanks!

 -- Alex